The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP), parent of gtnews, has added Gerhard Lohmann, chief financial officer (CFO) reinsurance of Swiss Re, to the list of speakers at its forthcoming financial planning and analysis (FP&A) leadership summit in Amsterdam.
Lohmann will provide the keynote address at the inaugural event, which will be held in the Dutch capital on May 19-20 at the Sofitel Legend The Grand hotel.
His presentation, entitled ‘Molding an Elite FP&A Team: A CFO’s Holistic Approach’, will examine ways that finance leaders can develop and deploy their FP&A teams at a time when their companies are experiencing rapid change in an economic environment that is experiencing uneven recovery across regions.
The AFP event will convene finance executives, FP&A professionals and corporate controllers from around the world who will gather to discuss how an ecosystem of business planning, targeting, forecasting, measurement and reporting can be optimised to produce best corporate financial performance in the future. In candid discussions among peers, they also will delve into the best way to position this forward-looking finance function within an organisation.
Other senior-level finance experts on the agenda – and their topics – include:
- The Power of Visual and Advanced Data Analysis – Andreas Schertzinger, head reinsurance FP&A, managing director, Swiss Re.
- Increasing Value Creation Through FP&A – Marc Lloyd, head of business partnering – manufacturing and servicing, Legal & General Investment Management.
- Planning Cycles/Budget Process/Rolling Forecasts – Anders Olesen, director, Beyond Budgeting Institute, partner, Basico.
- Communicating FP&A’s Story – Jokim Pluijmers, head of planning & control, consolidation & reporting, ING Nederland.
- Leadership in FP&A Practice – Ash Sharma, head of FP&A, Boots Alliance.
- Changing Trends in FP&A – Matthijs Schot, performance and analysis, A.P. Møller Maersk Group Copenhagen Area, Capital Region, Denmark Financial Services.
Further details on the event, as well as registration, may be accessed at www.afponline.org/Leadership/
Many of those in the financial services industry admit they are also unclear of their corporate objectives and values.
Adaptability in financial planning and reporting is essential for global organisations, says Accountagility.
A survey indicates that many carry out their key planning processes no more than twice a year.
Businesses seeking to capitalise on the strengthening UK economy should invest in budgeting and forecasting technology to unlock further efficiency savings and ... read more