SIS Prosegur, a joint venture formed in 2012 between Security and Intelligence Services (India) and Spain’s Prosegur, plans to acquire the cash management business of Danish facility management firm ISS for about 1,500 rupees (INR), or US$24.8m, according to a report by India’s
The JV provides a range of cash in transit and automated teller machine (ATM) Services for banks and businesses with a market share of almost 30%. SIS has a 51% share in SIS Prosegur with the other 49% held by Prosegur.
reported that a number of private equity buyout funds, including Baring Asia, Advent, Apollo Management, Bain Capital, Carlyle and Apax Partners, were eyeing Blackstone Group’s CMS Info Systems, the country’s largest cash management services company. The acquisition positions SIS Prosegur as India’s second largest cash management operator.
The agreed deal will see ISS, the world’s largest facility management services provider, divest a non-core asset, while continuing to focus on its core business.
ISS, which has more than 530,000 employees, offers facility management services in more than 50 countries. The company raised US$1.5bn from its initial public offering (IPO) in March this year, which was marked as the biggest public listing on a Nordic exchange for 14 years in terms of market capitalisation.
Cash-flow based metrics now feature prominently alongside traditional revenue measures of business performance in the key figures or financial summary pages of any public company.
The US money market fund reforms came into effect in 2016 and are already dramatically shaping US fund industry with investors flooding out of prime funds and into government securities. While the reforms are similar, they are not the same. GTNews interviews Yeng Bulter, global head of the cash business at State Street Global Advisors on the differences.
With the end of 2017 fast approaching, many finance professionals might be counting down the days with some degree of dread. Year End is just around the corner and with it comes the many long hours accountants will spend going over balance sheets and profit and loss accounts, investigating account irregularities and chasing sign offs.
The top five sectors Asian fintech investors are interested in are data analytics, blockchain, lending, payments and regtech, according to Gary Hwa, EY regional managing partner.