France’s Compagnie Générale d’Affacturage (CGA), the business to business (B2B) credit arm of Société Générale has launched a supply chain finance (SCF) platform to support business growth for small- to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
CGA said the platform has been developed in response to heightened awareness of the need for larger corporates to foster economic growth by supporting SMEs. The interests of large corporates and their smaller, in some cases international, suppliers are often inextricably linked, and this solution addresses the financing needs of all parties in the supply chain.
Benefits of the platform include:
- A payment factory option which delivers flexibility of invoice payment and security to buyers’ supply chains.
- Reporting on the use of the programme by their suppliers.
- Direct cost-savings and productivity gains.
- The ability to open up the platform to third party financial partners, which may provide additional financing to suppliers.
For suppliers, it offers:
- Optional pre-financing of their invoices, which might otherwise difficult to obtain, through a simple online request process, giving them the necessary liquidity to sustain their business.
- Off balance sheet accounting treatment which is particularly interesting for the biggest corporates.
- Flexible and detailed electronic reporting enabling administrative and productivity gains.
On the second day of this year's AFP conference Trump's potential tax reform, using synthetic debt and the expected benefits of SWIFT GPI were all hotly discussed topics.
Today CGI and GTNews have announced the launch of the fifth annual Transaction Banking survey report, which offers which offers critical insight into the corporate-to-bank relationship.
On-Demand Treasury Management Solutions continue to gain increased adoption in the US and EMEA regions.
Treasurers are being expected to do more work with fewer resources than ever before, so it is little wonder that the automation of day-to-day operations was highly discussed on the second day of EuroFinance, the annual treasury event held in Barcelona this week.