gtnews has today announced the shortlist for the Global Corporate Treasury Awards 2011, sponsored by Bank of America Merrill Lynch, which pay tribute to treasury innovation that has been fundamental to the success of a corporate’s business.
At a time when treasury departments are doing much more with a lot less, best practice in treasury needs to be highlighted and celebrated. The gtnews Global Corporate Treasury Awards, now in their second year, are dedicated to recognising and rewarding the very best in corporate treasury, celebrating the great and the good of the industry.
The awards present an outstanding cross-section of all that’s best in treasury. The winners are chosen by an independent jury of highly influential corporate treasurers and are totally independent; the winners remain unknown until the results are announced at an exclusive awards ceremony on Tuesday 20 September in Toronto, in conjunction with the Sibos Corporate Forum.
More than 60 corporate treasury departments from across the world entered the awards which include two new categories this year – Trade Finance and Green Treasury.
Here is this year’s shortlist:
Treasury Technology Implementation Project of the Year
- Dassault Systemes – Going Global with SwiftNet and 3Skey
- Honeywell – Leveraging the MyTreasury MMF trading platform
- Omnicom Group – Global Cash Control System
Cash Management Project of the Year
- Belden – Effectively Managing Global Liquidity and Risk
- Brady Corporation – Treasury Transformation
- Sun Chemical – Achieving The Holy Grail of Cash Management
Trade Finance Project of the Year
- Caterpillar – Weathering the Financial Storm
- Nokia Siemens Networks – LC Confirming in Vietnam
- Petrovietnam Power – Debt Financing Arrangement
Treasury Team of the Year
- Bharti Airtel – Global Transformation
- Brocade Transformation Programme in Financial Risk Management
- Nalco’s Treasury Transformation
Green Treasury Project of the Year
- Kellogg – Going Green is GR-R-REAT!
- Mn Services – ESG Integration in Broker Evaluation/selection
Corporate Treasurer of the Year – Readers’ Choice Award
- Edward Scott, Corporate Treasurer, Caterpillar
- Peter van Rood, Group Treasurer, AkzoNobel
- Susan Stalnecker, Vice President – Finance and Treasurer, DuPont
In addition, a Gold Award will be presented to the overall winner.
Congratulations to all shortlisted finalists for the 2011 Global Corporate Treasury Awards, all of whom have demonstrated excellence and innovation in their specialist fields. The category winners will be announced at a prestigious awards ceremony on 20 September 2011 in Toronto, for information on how to join us at this exciting event please click here.
The annual BNP Paribas Cash Management University kicked off on Thursday morning with treasury professionals congregating in Paris from across Europe.
APIs may be a solution to MT940 challenges, says Karen Fagan, treasury operation manager, for British television company, ITV.
Kicking off the first day of the Singapore Fintech Festival, issues with cryptocurrencies were addressed by MIT media labs director, Joi Ito, and panels of technology leaders discussed how they’re using data analytics.
Sibos 2017 day two highlights: Brexit and banking, and why ‘data is the new oil’ in financial services
How nation first politics can impact global financial organisations It’s clear that data and regulation are the two key topics that are ... read more