The Board of Trustees of the Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) have announced the appointment of ten new members to the Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council (FASAC). The FASAC is responsible for advising the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) on technical issues, project priorities, and other matters that affect standard-setting.
Members of the FASAC are chosen from a broad cross-section of the FASB’s constituencies, including preparers, users, practitioners, associations, academics and others interested or involved in financial reporting. They are selected based on their professional expertise and in consideration of the need to bring a wide variety of constituent views to the table. The following new members will begin their term on the FASAC effective 1 January 2010:
User (Investor) Community
- Neri Bukspan, chief quality officer & chief accountant, Standard & Poor’s.
- Jeremy Perler, co-head, CFRA accounting research, RiskMetrics.
- Allen Puwalski, senior vice president, Paulson & Company.
- Richard Ramsden, managing director, Goldman Sachs & Co.
Preparer (Corporate) Community
- John Gerspach, chief financial officer, Citigroup.
- Ann Marie Petach, managing director and CFO, BlackRock.
Practitioner (Audit) Community
- John (Arch) Archambault, national managing partner of professional standards, Grant Thornton.
- Kenneth Marshall, partner, Americas IFRS Markets Leader, Ernst & Young.
Academics and Associations
- Kathy Petroni, Deloitte/Michael Licata Professor of Accounting, Michigan State University.
- Marie Hollein, president and chief executive officer, Financial Executives International.
The annual BNP Paribas Cash Management University kicked off on Thursday morning with treasury professionals congregating in Paris from across Europe.
APIs may be a solution to MT940 challenges, says Karen Fagan, treasury operation manager, for British television company, ITV.
Kicking off the first day of the Singapore Fintech Festival, issues with cryptocurrencies were addressed by MIT media labs director, Joi Ito, and panels of technology leaders discussed how they’re using data analytics.
Sibos 2017 day two highlights: Brexit and banking, and why ‘data is the new oil’ in financial services
How nation first politics can impact global financial organisations It’s clear that data and regulation are the two key topics that are ... read more