Sir Christopher Hogg, chairman of the Financial Reporting Council (FRC), has announced six appointments to the Financial and Reporting Review Panel (FRRP).
The new appointments:
- Eric Hutchinson is chief financial officer and group finance director of Spirent Communications, a multinational network technology company.
- David Mabb QC is a member of Erskine Chambers, where his litigation and advisory work covers company law and all related areas including accounting matters.
- Richard Meddings is group finance director of Standard Chartered and a non-executive director of 3i plc.
- John Nicholas is a non-executive director and Audit Committee chairman of Rotork and Ceres Power, having previously been group finance director of FTSE 100 and 250 companies.
- Andrew Palmer is group director of Legal and General Group and non-executive director at SEGRO.
- Richard Piper is a partner with Restoration Partners, chairman of HLBBshaw Group and a non-executive director of Matchtech Group.
A report by broking group Marsh examines the repercussions from the administration of the South Korean company, which filed for bankruptcy protection at the end of August.
Global research by C2FO suggests that smaller businesses are less concerned with the repercussions of Brexit and the upcoming US presidential election.
A squeeze on skilled talent means it now takes an average of seven weeks to fill open permanent roles in finance in the UK according to new research from financial services recruitment firm Robert Half.
Early-stage merger and acquisition deals in Asia-Pacific show nearly 10% year-on-year growth in recent months.