A. Schulman Inc. has selected the treasury workstation from IT2 Treasury Solutions. The IT2 implementation will support treasury operations based in Akron Ohio, Mexico and Bornem in south-west Belgium. IT2 says it will provide a best practice solution to fulfil a range of business requirements, including:
- Global visibility and management of cash.
- Global visibility & management of FX and interest rate risk.
- Strengthening the controls over cash and bank relationship management.
- Operation of the European in-house bank, including inter-company lending & borrowing operations.
- End-to-end provision of transparent and secure treasury workflows.
- Automating the execution of business processes, reducing and/or eliminating manual tasks wherever possible.
- Increasing the effectiveness of management reporting by automating the creation and distribution of key management reports.
The IT2 platform will replace Schulman’s previous spreadsheet-based solution. The IT2 system will be hosted, providing Schulman with the benefits of a specifically configured TWS solution combined with technology outsourcing.
A report by broking group Marsh examines the repercussions from the administration of the South Korean company, which filed for bankruptcy protection at the end of August.
Global research by C2FO suggests that smaller businesses are less concerned with the repercussions of Brexit and the upcoming US presidential election.
A squeeze on skilled talent means it now takes an average of seven weeks to fill open permanent roles in finance in the UK according to new research from financial services recruitment firm Robert Half.
Early-stage merger and acquisition deals in Asia-Pacific show nearly 10% year-on-year growth in recent months.