KBC and Kontrakt Sofia have reached an agreement whereby KBC will acquire 70% ownership of DZI Insurance for €185m. Following the acquisition, KBC will launch a public bid for the remaining 30%. As part of the deal, KBC will also acquire DZI INVEST, a securities broker active on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange. The deal is subject to approval by the Bulgarian regulatory authorities. KBC intends to finalise the transaction as soon as possible. With this deal, KBC becomes the first Belgian investor in the Bulgarian financial sector since Bulgaria’s entry into the European Union on 1 January 2007.
The annual BNP Paribas Cash Management University kicked off on Thursday morning with treasury professionals congregating in Paris from across Europe.
APIs may be a solution to MT940 challenges, says Karen Fagan, treasury operation manager, for British television company, ITV.
Kicking off the first day of the Singapore Fintech Festival, issues with cryptocurrencies were addressed by MIT media labs director, Joi Ito, and panels of technology leaders discussed how they’re using data analytics.
Sibos 2017 day two highlights: Brexit and banking, and why ‘data is the new oil’ in financial services
How nation first politics can impact global financial organisations It’s clear that data and regulation are the two key topics that are ... read more