The Bank for a changing world...
As the leader in the Euro-zone, both in terms of net-income & market capitalization, BNP Paribas is a new power-house in the Global Banking & Financial sector.
May 23, 2000 was a watershed day in the annals of European and worldwide banking history as it witnessed the merger of two powerful entities - Banque Nationale De Paris and Paribas. It has been acknowleded as one of the most successful mergers in the banking sector in recent times.
The bank today boasts strong advantages with its well balanced and successful business portfolio, high potential for synergies through cross-selling, good command over risk and dynamism towards innovation which it uses to serve its discerning clientele.
Its diverse international network across 85 countries is enriched with a wide portfolio of banking services offered to Corporates, Financial Institutions, Government Agencies and Private Individuals:
- Capital Markets & Corporate Advisory Services - Includes Corporate Finance, Equities & Fixed Income including Risk Management Products.
- Specialized Financing - Includes Structured Finance, Project Finance, International Trade Finance & Trade Centres, Commodity & Energy Sector Finance and special desks like Aircraft & Shipping Financing.
- Cash Management Solutions - includes Electronic banking, liquidity management solutions, e-business initiatives.
- Retail Banking Services - offers a whole range of banking and financial services to retail clients in France, United states and various countries in Africa and the Indian Ocean. The product range includes transaction banking services, credit cards, consumer loans (Cetelem), lease financing, property loans, online brokerage, fleet-leasing & management.
- Private Banking Services offering Wealth Management products to high networth individuals.
- Asset Management - A leading MF player with Assets under Management in excess of EUR 250 billion.
- Insurance Solutions - includes life & property insurance.
The group is one of the leading players in several market segments in Europe & Asia and also has a very strong franchise in the United States of America. BNP Paribas is one of the largest Corporate and Investment banks in Europe and at last count had achieved 66% penetration among the world's top 100 Corporates.
What truly distinguishes BNP Paribas is its creative approach to banking, expertise in new technologies and perceptive insights on the swiftly changing global economy. Top Corporates across the world have turned to BNP Paribas for structured solutions that suit their requirements.